Saturday, August 25, 2007

CusTomer SerVice and me!!!!

Hey all, I know I haven’t been consistent as MAY LEE updating her blog its because ever since I change to my new working place I don’t even have time for coffee. Can you imagine that, and you know after 3 it becomes worst you won’t even have time to go to the toilet, bad right??

Btw lately I am experiencing all the stress a human could possibly feel, some more when you cant do anything about it because they are always right!!!! Don’t get what I am talking about??

Last week Thursday I went to Singapore at Bukit merah for training in why Customer Service is important in a business. And the trainer kept on talking about a goose and a golden egg and on and on about it. The best part the managing director (M.D) of my company attended the course with me, I was so afraid to say or do anything that might get me FIRED on the spot. But surprisingly he turned out to be quiet okay besides talking non-stop, he has a lot of interesting ideas and excellent leadership skills.

Back to the story about the goose and the golden egg, he said all the customer we have in our company must be treated and cared for like, it going to help us make all our dreams turn into reality. So we have to treat our goose (customer) like they are going to lay golden egg for us. Guess what folks I spend 8 hours there listing to this and other stuff la, by the way I am also a CUSTOMER so treat me right yea people.

Hmmm don’t even know why but some how that whole training session made me motivated to serve my customers without questions even how bad they smell, talk or act . My company is so lucky to have me, I will post up pictures of how my office looks like and my work place soon yea.

2 comments:

Thao said...

That's pretty interesting about the goose and the golden egg. I never heard that before, but it makes sense!

snow_love said...

yea it dose in a away or other...no golden egg no extra biz no extra bonus lol...heehheheh